Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tilda for two challenges

Hi there stampers, i have not been as busy as you may think, on the crafting front, what i have been doing is trying to catch up on some of my dt work so that i will have a little time for playing.  So today i squirelled myslef away to my craft studio while my DH who just had a week long break from the kids, did his fatherly duty.

As most of you know i usually use copics to color my images and for quite a while now i have been telling myself that i gotta try the di's, since i have all the colors there really isnt any reason that i shouldnt try it out an i just love what a lot of the bloggettes out there manage to achieve with their inks.
So for this one i colored with ditress inks and was quite pleased with the results for a first timer.  I raised my image on some foam for a bit of pop, layered her onto a Marrianne creatable that i bought last week, then onto a nestie and added the lace aorund the edge.  I didnt have the right color lace so i dyed the lace with di also, but then it just seemed to be too pwerfect as once my card was done you hardly even see the lace, oh well, better luck next time.  the flourishes are also a Marrianne creatable, and then i added the gypsophilla's and roses and cherry blossom, also the butterflies, and gave everything a good going over with star dust stickles.
 I spent the better half of the afternoon stitching this stitch and embossing plate that i also acquired last week and then added tiara stickles to the embossed bits as i couldnt even see them once i was done and just thought after all that work there's no way i'm not using it.
I am entering this into the Magnolialicious challenge for their birthday celebration for Dianne and also into the Wild orchids challenge since it does sparkle, and then last but not least into Totally Tilda for their Lilac and lace challenge.

25 comments:

  1. Oooo my friend, this is just too stunning for words!! Been waiting all afternoon to see the end result lol! Can't believe how stunning Tilda turned out for a first attempt, looks like you've been doing di painting forever. You're too talented and I'm so lucky to have you as a friend. All the best in the challenges, you're gonna knock them out hehe! Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and if this is your first attempt at using distress inks, you aced it. Glad to see you crafting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Paola. I think you did great with the distress inks!!!! I love the colors, Tilda looks so vintage!
    hugs,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Paola, this is magnificent.. love the purples and your di is so perfect.. the coloring is just so sweet and then we have so many gorgeous different purples even though you had to dye it you got it all in... love the flowers and your layout is devine... just a magnificent card..
    Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card and you aced the colouring. I love how the butterflies seem to flit across the card, gorgeous!
    hugs, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Paola hun! This is so gorgeous! WOW what a beauty and your colors with the DI's looks amazing hun! Great work hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Paola! I never would have dreamed it was your first time coloring with the distress inks! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paola! Wow,wow! I love your lilac card! Gorgeous coloring with the distressed inks and LOVE the green and lilac flowers. That green is the perfect shade!!!! Beautiful as usual girlie!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have such a hard time working with purple, but you've pulled this off so beautifully. Your coloring with the di's is fabulous, even for a not first timer! Love the dyed lace and that gorgeous Marianne creatable! I looked at it just yesterday and was drooloing. Gorgeous work my friend...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is great....I am still learning to
    use copics....I like the di's but don't know
    if I will try them.
    Hugs Linda W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Paola,
    Another beautiful card! I'm with you, I have all of the distress ink colors...and I enjoy using them, it's just easier to grab my copics! Let me tell you, girl, you are scary talented...with DIs, copics, or whatever! I love your work...you did a beautiful, beautiful job with this little Tilda...as always! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paola! This card is absolutely beautiful. I love your coloring and would never guess that you had not used di's before! Just gorgeous.
    Huggeroonies,
    Kathy Gerace

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's just lovely in lilac--beautifully done! Love the papers, of course the color and that cutie pie Tilda!

    hugz,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did great with the distress inks,shows you,, anything is possible,,,lovely card and everything just comes together.c u soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow she is so pretty in lilac.
    All details are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous! Love the colour the dimension and the bling! stunning! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paola, your distress ink coloring is perfect. wow, doesn't look like a first timer to me, amazing coloring. Loving the purple.
    Luv,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paola, it looks fabulous to me....that would be out of my comfort zone too, but I have been tempted to try it!!!
    Your coloring of this Tilda is gorgeous...looks like a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Tilda creation love the layout.. great take on the chall...thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.

    smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card, great colours and lovely layout. Thanks for joining in with our Lilac and Lace challenge at Totally Tilda.
    Hugs
    DAwn x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paola this is a super card! Awesome job of coloring Tilda with distress inks. Love the stitching work and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! I love your lavendars and all the special elements. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So beautiful, I love love love your flower arrangement, thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card Paola, so pretty, your colouring looks fabulous I'd never have know it was the first time you coloured with DI's.
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda for our lilac and lace challenge
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola