Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yoga Tilda

I know i been kinda scarce, but you know what besides for blogging and crafting, i do have a real life and kids and home to run.  Then of course sometimes we all do things that are not good for us and they set us back.  I am one of those people that suffer from being an emotional cripple, when i go to pieces, my life somehow falls apart, and i kinda had the wind knocked out my sails, i wanted give up crafting and was not gonna be posting for a while till i could pick up the pieces of my heart and move on, but i decided that if i dont do it now, i am never gonna get back on the horse after being thrown, so here i am, looking to get brought down to size all over again.  Sucker for punishment!
I made this card for the challenge on WOC following their sketch, Papertake weekly where its a bingo selection of Gems, ribbon and blooms.  My delightful little Tilda was colored with copics and given a minimal ammount of stickles around the trim of her top.
I googled yoga and found that the "Om" symbol and blue stones, and the lotus flower are relative to their belief system so added those elements to my sentiment bit of my card.  The fabby new paper is from Kaisercraft, Miss Nelly collection and this one is her "laugh"

hope everyone is having a great week
hope to be back soon with more to share
smiles
Paola

21 comments:

  1. Hello Paola, your card is wonderful. Thank you for the tip you gave me for the Magnolia licous challenge. I wish you a nice evening and greetings Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paola, your card is beautiful. Your coloring is wonderful and I love the embellishments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Blues are so soothing...I've never done yoga but I've heard it is too!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear heart...this is so beautifully colored! I'm sorry now that I didn't order this image because your card is so pretty it's making me envious! Love how you've done the flowers, and the OM symbol is fantastic to continue the theme of the card. Of course, you know that I love blue, so your papers and that delightful ribbon are right up my alley!
    Pick up your chin honey! Remember that you have a wonderful sense of humor to get you through those 'down in the dump' days!
    Big extra hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and simple! It is lovely. You colored Tilda with perfection. I feel peaceful just looking at it, Paola! Wonderful!

    XO,
    Chris Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo gorgeous as always my darling friend!!! Keep your chin up and remember I'm always here for you! Look at the bright side and moving to your own new beautiful house, wish I was there to help you! Lotsa luv, hugs, mwah xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty.Love the colours and the sweet image
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paola, this is so beautiful! I hope that colouring this serene Tilda brought you some inner peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you're back and crafting! I admire your creativity so much. Your coloring is amazing and all the little touches that you add to a card add so much interest and dimension. Thanks for sharing this one!
    Hugs,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paola , hope all the comments will cheer you up a bit, lovely card ,beautiful colouring and flowers .
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, sweet Tilda and pretty colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable.. Love it to pieces.. Sorry things are not running smoothly for your right now.. but I am sure things will start to return to normal shorty. Will have to google this Tilda, didn't know there was a yoga Tilda and as a huge yogi would love to add this to my collection..

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my sweet friend...I'm so sorry that you've been feeling down...so much going on in your life, hon...no wonder you're feeling overwhelmed! Just hang in there and put one foot in front of the other...and before you know it, you'll be in your fabulous new house with your gorgeous studio!! I'm pea green with envy!! This card is adorable, my darlin'...love the sentiment! You are so dang clever!! Big hugs...Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWW! She's so sweet!! I love the gingham!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Paola
    Sorry to hear you're having a tough time - may I suggest picking up all those pieces of your heart and making a pretty mosaic to remind yourself how strong you are? Sending positive South African vibes to you all the way from the UK.
    You are so talented - simply love this card, probably more so because the Om sign means a great deal in my beliefs.
    Take care.
    Bronwen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paola its not how many cards you can make but the quality!!!! please do not give up on crafting as you are so very talented!!!! Your creations are Fabulous!!!!! I love visiting here and seeing all the stunning crafts that you make!!!!! This card is no exception !!!! Another work of art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paola, this is so gorgeous and so stunning.. your work is the most beautiful I have seen and you keep on making beauty with what ever you do.. I adore your layout, coloring, pp and your use of Tilda... A great card by far...
    Hugs and love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card! Glad that you want to join our challenge at WOC! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola