Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mo's dp 2 challenge dt

 First up we have a new challenge on Mo's challenge blog and if you are anything like me you gonna find the new challenge a breeze, cos its "Flowers"
 For my card i have used "Adele" available in Mo's digi store HERE.  i colored her with my copics, and i cant tell you how much i enjoyed coloring this gorgeous image after being out of the loop for so long, more news later in the post about my absence.
 the sentiment is an old wood mounted one that i have had for an age, i think it was by hero arts.
 this ribbon charm was a really cheap plastic nasty one, but i think it looks great here.  The flowers are all from the stash and the metal corner is a newly acquired one just like the ones from wild orchid, but i did get them from a local supplier, so if you live in SA and want to get your paws on any of these corners you can get in touch with me.
Now i know i have been away for a looooonnnnnggg time so here's a quick update:  i started feeling poorly a few weeks ago, but as most mothers/ wives do, i kept going trying to ignore the symptoms of feeling rotten.  Then all of a sudden one morning i just couldnt get out of bed, was very short of breath and light headed.  Well after my husband rushed me to the ER i was diagnosed with pneumonia!  what?  YEP, i was on my back/ or my face, i couldnt move for almost two and a half weeks.  Was put on cortisone and antibiotics, two courses, had the physio come to see me in the hospital and then once they sent me home she had to come to my house.  I can say that in the last twenty years i have NOT FELT THIS ROTTEN!!! Definitely something i wouldnt wish upon anyone, my body ached, my head felt like it was gonna pop, the room spun, i got delirious and spoke lots of nonsense while in my delirium.  I tell you folks i thought i was gonna die, i even asked my husband what he was gonna do with my studio and all the crap i had bought since the only who would be interested in all my drek would be another crafter, and he doesnt know anyone besides me that would use all the drek and paper that i have.  Perhaps its time for me to have a candy!!  We"ll see, but for now i am back and rearing to go.
enough gabbing, do come and join our challenge on Mo's challenge blog and i look forward to visiting some of you talented crafters and see what you do with your flowers this week for our challenge
smiles
Paola

19 comments:

  1. This is beautifully colored. I love the softness of the image. Your flowers are so pretty and perfect for this challenge. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo glad you are feeling better and back to yourself!! What a beautiful card! I am so inspired by your work. You have a wonderful gift! Have a great day !! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Paola, I'm so glad you're feeling better, sounded positively SCARY! Your card cam out just so pretty, beautiful soft coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are back and feeling better, Paola! That certainly was an awful bout with pneumonia! Your card is gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the sweet image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, darlin'! I am so, sooooooo relieved that you're finally feeling better! How positively scary! Just don't overdo it now and relapse! Your mojo is alive and well, despite your little break! How do you do it? I have no idea! Your coloring and designwork are perfectly delicious! I may have chosen the flower theme just for YOU! hehe! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  6. It goes without saying...I'm so glad to see you back on your feet and feeling like your old self again! This card is even more gorgeous on your blog than on Skype! Your coloring is BEAUTIFUL! But then it always is! You always have gorgeous floral arrangements so I expected high quality from you! Totally delicious! Hugs BFF - Me! <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad to have you back, Paola, take good care of you, don't do too much yet!
    the card is just adorable, lovely colour combination!
    hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Paola, love this card, such a sweet image and I love the colors you used. So sorry you have been so ill! Do take card of yourself! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see you back Paola - I have pneumonia twice!!!! It really does make you feel bad and it takes a long time to get better, so don't go overdoing things.

    Great card!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back to the land of the living. So wonderful to have you back. You have been missed!!!! You new card is just adorable. Love the colors and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have missed you tons, my dear sweet friend.. Sundays are not the same without you :( I knew you were sick, but man, you were really really sick. but glad you are up and around again just don't push yourself too hard, we don't want you having a relapse. Your card is just darling I love the way you used that slide on the ribbon so so pretty...

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd missed you, but figured that it was just "life". Wow that sounds like it was scary there for awhile. So glad that you are feeling better and able to do your fantastic coloring. Just take it easy, don't want any return trips to the hospital! Next time remember what they tell ya on the airplane...blah, blah, put your mask on FIRST before helping others!!! Take care of yourself, otherwise your hubby is going to have to deal with your stash, LOL!!
    Hugs,
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back my friend, have missed seeing your gorgeous creations, as I told you the other day. Stunning image of Mo's and you certainly have NOT lost your touch. Beautiful layout and colouring. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you've recovered. This is my first time on your blog. Thank you for your lovely comment on mine. I am very new to blogging. I love your card the image is adorable. I see you live in Jo'burg my DIL's parents live there
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is gorgeous such a nice choice of colours and a fab layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Paola

    This is a really beautiful card - I love the image and well, just everything.

    I am your newest follower and look forward to seeing your next creations.

    Be back to see you soon.

    Toodle pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A most beautiful card!
    My dear Paola I had NO idea just how ill you were. Thank God you are better now.
    Love, Candy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola