Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A spoonfull of sugar dt

Hope everyone is up for a nice easy challenge this week at A spoonfull of sugar we are wanting to see something 3d.  You know a box, a bag, a wallet, sky is the limit.  I lvoe these kinds of challenges cos i love to be able to see what i can come up with, and as far as i am concerned you can make anything out of paper, somewhere in my stash i have a grandfather clock that i amde that actually works, will share it with y'all later.  Well for this one i made a box.  Its an acetate gift box that houses two little candles that i used my mini Tildas from the spring kit, i stamped onto some trace paper, light weight trace, colored with my copics.  Now this technique is new to me and i messed up a couple of candles before i got it right.  The trick i found was to use some wax wrap over the image once you have it in place and then to heat the image onto the wax candle untile it appears to be one with the wax wrap and then slowly peel off the wax wrap paper.

The dp for this project is some Italian scrapbooking paper, dont remember the name of it, but i found loads of it in a shop that had it all piled up together and they were on sale so i took whatever i could, it was all floral and wall papery looking, but i love it.  I added a few bead pins and loads of flowers and pearls and then of course some lace that i have had in my stash forever.

So this is the second half of this.

15 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous, Paola! The candles are adorable, but the box is stunning! What a beautiful ensamble you have created...Awesome work...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous Paola! Love the DP, all that wonderful lace, pearls, pins and flowers. The candles are lovely as well and the package that holds them is perfect for them. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie!!!!!! LOVE YOUR LITTLE GIFT SET!!!! The packaging is PERFECT for your BEAUTIFUL candles!! LOVE IT!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful Paola!! I especially love the image on the candles!!
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this really came together nicely Paola. Well done! hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful Paola! What a wonderfully creative ensemble....absolutely stunning!
    Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Very Lovely
    This is great and very stunning
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a great gift! The candles and the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Paola...I love it!!! Seriously...my birthday's coming up...did you need my address?!! You are amazingly creative!! Pat Frank (VA)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paola. The candles are gorgeous but THAT box!!! WOW!!!!!
    LOve Sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty love the colors of the box and everything about it !
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning Paola. Love the box and the candles are lovely too. What a lovely gift.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow what a beautiful gift! Love it! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola