Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Showcasing EB Ginnie with butterflies

Today i am showcasing Ginnie with butterlies, available from EB digi gallery, this darling image was such a hit with my little girl when she asw it that i have decided to use it for her birthday card, she will be clelbrating her 8th Birthday early next month, so for once i will be well prepared.
I have colored my image with copics, nothing new there.  The papers are new from Amercan crafts and layered with Bazil basics.  I tied a bow in the corner of my card and then twisted the ribbon to look as though it was dangling down the side of the card.  Girls will be girls and i had to add flowers, a few garlands and wire sprigs with little leaves attached to them.
The title of this little darling inspired me to add butterflies all over the card, so i used a MS punch for all the butterflies giving them a good going over of diamond dust, and added a bugle bead to the body part, i layered them onto a darker butterfly punched from another random butterly punch so they would have shadows and then lifted their wings so look as if they are gonna take off.

Enjoy!
smiles
Paola

7 comments:

  1. Tosi kaunis ja herttainen kortti:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girl!! You've really made such a gorgeous creation here!! LOVE the fibbers, the way you've twisted the ribbon around and the colors are fantastic!! Great job!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Paola,. I can see why your doughter fell in love with this image. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is absolutely gorgeous! Just gorgeous!! The twisted ribbon makes such a lovely frame for this sweet image! The butterflies are exquisite. I believe your daughter will love this to pieces!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning. It's so rich and detailed. I love the colors! Thanks for participating at Flutterby! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute! I love all the pink and those pretty butterflies!! What a great card!! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola