Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Magnolialicious Challenge dt

We have a fabulous new challenge for you on the Magnolia-licious challenge blog and we are going "GREEN"
For my card i have used Native American Tilda available from Magnolia-licious store and i just wanna add, Dianna is so GENEROUS you get prezzies when you order and of course if you are close by, you get free shipping etc, so head over to the store and check out all the darling little Maggies that she has available.
I am really not a green fan, but that was the challenge, and a challenge it was too.  I masked my image onto the Log which you can also purchase from Diana and then colored with my copics, adding some grass around her feet.  I masked a bit of a sky around the background so you could get a clearer impression that my daring little Tilda is sitting outdoors.  My image was cut with a spellbinder nestie and then i added a punched border from Ek success, layered onto this paper from MME.
Added a flourish up the side of my card, a few gypsophylla and a couple of feathers and skeleton leaves and a large lush bow to the corner with a button centre to finish off my little ensemble.
The inside of my card was also quite a challenge until i turned my double sided paper over and noticed that on the back there were lines so i just cut a rectangle and  gave it the same border as the front of my card and a few extra embellies.
Do pop in to the Challenge blog and see what my great teamies have done with green this week and i look forward to seeing all the entries.  The ever generous Diana is giving one lucky individual a 25$ gift certificate so you dont wanna miss out on your chance this may be your lucky week
Have a great week
smiles
Paola

9 comments:

  1. Oh too cute Tilda! I love the scene Paola; and since I love green, this whole card is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so so precious!! I love your little Tilda and all of the fab greens you've used on this card! Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Paola, love the greens and that Tilda is just perfect for this project !!

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable scene with this Tilda and love your design! Terrific card Paola!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This I really like - your layering continues to be an education & I love the concept of the feather. The trim on her dress is really picked up by the shape of that border which is absolutely brilliant with the way it sits round the image panel. I love the way the skeleton leaves pick up the colour of her dress too. I love the greens - even if they're not your usual colours I think this has to be one of my favourite of your compositions.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!!! I love this Tilda on a log and all your details!!! Green looks great and you mastered this one inside and out! I love it!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paola, fabulous card. So many things I love about it. This adorable Tilda is so beautifully coloured and it's a wonderful scene you've created. Your DP's are gorgeous. I love the pearl necklace and the skeleton leaves. Amazing attention to details.

    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola