Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mo's dp 2 challenge dt

Can you tell i am up to my old shenanigans, yep thats me, late as usual, this week i have a great excuse, will share at the end of my post.  First up we have our new challenge up and running on Mo's challenge blog and this week its "At the park"
Now i remember when i was young my late father used to take us to the park and my brothers would make paper sail boats and sail those around in muddy patches that i am sure now as i look back were meant to be some kinda duck pond, but being Africa were rather dried out puddles,lol
Hence my thought for using this darling sailor boy image available here
my card is pretty self explanatory, and before you shoot me for the cheapie embellishment, i personally thought it kinda cute with this image,
Ok, my reason for being so late today is that this morning i attended a culinary course with Sharon Glass who currently has a television show in SA and writes recipe books.  Well i can honestly say, i do know how to cook, in fact have invented a few of my own recipes, but my family were certainly wowed by the dinner they got this evening.  So heads up for Sharon's recipe's.
have a great weekend
smiles
Paola

7 comments:

  1. Hey! You beat me to it! I just colored this image but its not ready to post yet, isn't it fabulous? What I really love about yours is the color hair you acheived. Brilliant. I know, that probably sounds like a funny thing to comment on but its what struck me first and really is good. lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Paola! I just love this sweet sailor boy and you've colored him fabulously! Terrific colors, papers and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaack...I just wrote a whole LONG comment and then pushed some button and lost it all. ugh! Well...I will tell you when we talk. Until then...know that your card is brilliant...and I'm impressed that you were rubbing elbows with a celebrity! What didja make for dinner??? Talk soon. Miss ya. Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG he's adorable! Your clouds and the water are incredible...you already know how I feel about your coloring...perfection. So what was dinner???
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paola, fabulous card. I tend to stay away from a boy/male card unless I absolutely can't avoid it..LOL, but this one is perfect. Love the red, blue and white colour combo. Mo's image is just darling. Beautiful colouring as always. Oooh, I love your water--now I've got to study how you did that.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paola that is one gorgeous card, I love the whole card design, and your colouring as always is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sweetie! Seems you are having a great time there in South Africa! I love to cook and would love to attend a culinary course! Never thought of that! I'm sure your meal was fantastic!!!
    Your card is adorable, as usual! That reminds me I should make more of these male cards, All the details are beautifully chosen and your coloring is pure PERFECTION! Love this!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola