Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Monday, June 11, 2012

my time to play

For those of you that follow my blog i am sure you're aware that my life has been hectic of late, to say the least.
I have three little kids, we have recently moved into a house from a condo, i have started teaching again recently and that too takes up a lot of my day time craft time, also i am on the Magnolia ink dt and that demands that i find time to make projects and send to Sweden.  So i havent had very much time to play, i kinda try and get my dt commitments done and then the demands of life also need to be seen to.  Well i sent my projects off to Sweden today, i am neglecting the house work and the kids are safely plugged in to the TV.  TIME FOR ME TO CRAFT!!!
i had so much fun making this card and am gonna enter it into the challenges listed below.  What inspired me to make time to craft?  Have you seen the fantastic card that Norma made here!  Those clouds and background just blew the wind right out of my sails and i thought, even if i NEVER measure up i gotta try that.
 So i followed the links she has from where she was ispired, watched a few more you tube videos, and thought ok here goes nothing!!  Well i did mess up, but kept going till i was happy with what i saw, then cut the card and wouldnt you know it! the image was wayyyy toooo big for my card, i wasnt going to color another one, so if you look at the bottom of the image you can see a coupe of chopped pieces where i had already cut my image in one nestie and then had to figure another one that would still cut the image so i could use it.

I am also nuts for little sprigs in my flowers as fillers, so i made these little brown ones which i love making, work for the brain dead, yep thats me right now, lol
Added loads of stickles, the sentiment was cut by a friend of mine who was gonna throw them away as she said the machine had burnt them, i love the burnt look!
challenges this card fits:
Its a Magnolia challenge #34: pink and brown
Lovely hanglar or sweet magnolia: faourite color combo
Magnolia down under: winter
Tilda's town: sketch
have a great week
smiles
Paola

13 comments:

  1. so pretty paola... I love the gingham and the sky lookd fabulous!! what's better than a pink & Brown combo too.. I love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paola, I am so glad you found some me time because this is stunning, love the pink and brown combo.. so pretty.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty Paola! Lovely coloring and creating! Great take on Janneke's sketch! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town challenges! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card Paola, Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Sketch challenge. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a spectacular card, Paola! I love the way you did the borders and layers around Tilda, and your sky is absolutely gorgeous! I love the feathers you added to your florals - what pazzazz!!! You got your Mojo workin' honey....hugs...BFF in USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card paola!!! Love how you used Janneke's sketch!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week.
    Hugs, Janne

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is gorgeous, I love the pink and the dark contrast with the die cuts, awesome work. Thanks so much for joining in at Magnolia Down Under this week
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card

    tnks for joining us at IAMC

    Loves Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card my dear friend............ Love the colors and all of the little details are stunning!!

    Thanks so much for joining in at Magnolia Down Under this week
    Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paola, It's fabulous. Wow, look at those clouds. I think you've mastered them on your first try. Kudos!! Beautiful design. Gorgeous flowers and diecuts. Love how you continue the fence from the image with the diecuts.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely stunning Paola!!! Sounds like you've been very busy! thanks for joining us at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolia! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Lovely hAnglar and Sweet Magnolia
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola