Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Saturday, February 4, 2012

stool makever


If you follow my blog and read about my new studio you will know that i love a bit of the old rumaging in junk and finding trash that i can turn into a treasure.  Ao for sometime now my girls have had a very fugly plastic chair at their bedroom dresser, while rummaging through some junk at the thrift shop i came across this stool.

I decided to give it a deep plum coat of paint and then recover the seat with some pink fabric that had little silver shiny bits on it too, then add the gathered tulle around the edging to give a girly feel and covered the centre gather on the tulle with some twill ribbon.
I am so pleased with how it tutned out i painted some drawers aswell, will share the drawers later.
smiles
Paola
 Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow Paola, you sure did a great job on this stool. Love the way it turned out. Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is more than just a make over - it's a complete face lift!!! What an eye for the fabulous you have. I'm sure the girls are tickled pink to have a new stool at their dresser - and such a gorgeous stool at that :p
    Hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out fantastic!!!! From trash to treasure as the saying goes... You can sell that for lots of money in a boutique here in New York. Missed you today girlfriend, hopefully we can catch up tomorrow.

    Till Then
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job with this. I'm betting that the girls are thrilled to bits.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really super job Paola. Can't wait for you to showcase your other reconditioned work. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola