Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Thursday, February 17, 2011

LOTV challenge

I know i have been kinda quiet of late, but there are lots of reasons/ excuses:  We only have a few weeks left before the wedding of my eldest son, and we all know that weddings are lots of work, my little girl hasnt been well, she suffers from migraines, and we actually thought there was something sinister afoot as her eyes started bleeding two weeks ago, so we were off to do all kinds of scary tests this week. Also having other children and a home to run, well all i can tell you is that i need a HOLIDAY!

Ok so now that my friends are up to speed with my life, on to my card for the LOTV challenge , they had a great sketch with lots of layers which i love for last weeks challenge and dumbolina here, missed the deadline so i am gonna say here that these are my favorite colors and enter this weeks challenge, and as we all know if your mojo is kinda flat, a sketch is great as you really dont need to think too hard.
My poor lotv stamps are really neglected, i bought all the new stamps at the NEC last year and then had to have the new little fairies that were released recently, but i sent hours trying to get my cc to work, finally i asked a darling friend of mine to send them to me, which she did, "Thank You so much sweetness"
My image is colored with copics, the paper, is from a company called "Calambour" Italy if any of you know where i can get more, i would love to know as this is the last of it and i LOVE this paper.  My card size is only 5" X 5" which is a change for me, as the lotv images are quite little.  The sentiment is from crafty individuals that i have had for ages and forgot i had, i stickeled some punched butterflies to death and gave them pearl bodies, all the flowers and pearl sprays are from my stash.
have a great week
smiles
Paola

11 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colors and the gorgeous DP. She is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS Paola and such a beautiful colour combo......I adore it!!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful beautiful, sweetie! Email me and fill me in on what the docs decided about your daughter's migraines. I've been worried for the past week but didn't want to be a pest!Your life is crazy now...but whjat fun memories to cherish for years and years to come! Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Paola, this card is another lovely one. Nice combination the blue with lila / mauve! Hugs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Paola, the coloour combo is terrific but, then again it is your fave !!! Hope your daughter is OK !

    Hugs, sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Paola, love the papers and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in with this weeks LOTV Challenge & hope all goes well with your daughter!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely! Your colour combo is gorgeous and your flowers match your DPs just perfectly. Great colouring too! Hugs, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous sweetie, i love this image, thank you for joining us at Lili of the valley with our colour challenge this week, big hugs love Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww this image is so adorable.. I love the layout..bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are my fav colors as well. No wonder you want more of that paper it's gorgeous! Very different from your card for Mo's, but every bit as pretty! Perfect sentiment. Hope that your daughter is going to be Ok. Congrats and best wishes to your son and his bride to be.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Paola! My thoughts are with you and your family, I hope everything is okay with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola