Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mo's dp2 challenge dt

Time for our new challenge on Mo's challenge blog and this week we want to see "Non traditional valentine"
To me valentines speaks of getting a VERY LARGE bouquet of flowers so of course this little darling would work great for me, her name is "Nelly" and she is available from Mo's store
I colored her with my copics as per usual.  The dp unfortuantely is really old and didnt have the label on it any longer, i had been saving it for when i needed something other than red for valentines, and i just love that it is a denim looking paper with hearts all over it.
I used my MS heart border punch, a heart lace doily from my stash as one of my layers, and then i found these chipboard hearts that were aching to be used so i dabbed some embossing powder on them, distressed them a little.  Layered my roses onto some flat flowers from my stash, a length of ribbon and a pearl ribbon slider.
the inside of my card is pretty simple, but i think that with all thats going on the front of my card i can get away with a simple design on the inside
have a great crafting week
smiles
Paola

15 comments:

  1. Wow this is beautiful, love the blue's and those flowers, wow. The image is so cute and you have coloured her beautifully.
    hugs
    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love all of the flowers and the adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hunny bunny...I love what you did with this challenge, girl! The denim paper is such fun and little Nelly is as cute as she can be! Just darling! Hugs...Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paola, love the muted blues of this card, absolutely stunning hun !!

    Hugs, sandiblu xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mornin Paola! This is such a rich gorgeous card. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect and lovely colours Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paola, this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the blues and the dp is awesome. Your embellishments make the card and that pearl ribbon slider is the perfect touch. Great challenge card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image is such a sweetie. Gorgeous card I love all the blues.
    Luv CHRISYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that blue paper! And, as usual, your coloring of Nellie is gorgeous.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, Paola! Love the flowers and the little pearl heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet, Paola!! Lovely creation. Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable! Love the blues you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet card, Paola! You've chosen lovely colors there and a great image (aren't they all?:). Gorgeous colorwork too!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous, BFF! I love her in blue, and the more blue the better! Sensational coloring and fabulous flowers arrangements. Sweet as can be. Will skype next Tuesday, the 22nd when the kids are all at school! Miss you...hugs...Barb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow Paola, this is just gorgeous. Beautifully coloured and all the embellishments are stunning. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola