Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

ASFOS dt

Our challenge has come around again on A spoonfull of sugar, and wouldnt you know i am late again, so whats new?  I am having a really rough week, my dh is away on business and i had to go and collect my new car yesterday which was supposed to be surprise, well what a surprise, it feels like the car is as old as my mother who is almost 80, then lo and behold my maid came in this morning with issues of intimidation from the neighbours in the servants quarters.  I think i may just jump in this "new" car and drive off into the sunset.

Luckily i did my card while i was in a better mood.  I used "Gracie's roses" from Whimsy stamps who are also our sponsors this week.  I think she is so pretty and made me think she also looks a little old fashioned, or dressed up in a real party dress.  This week you have two choice:

Shaker-Card or a recipe: 3 flowers, 2 buttons, 1 ribbon OR if your feeling brave why not combine the 2.
The pretty buttons that i used i got in the mail from a very kind friend of mine Jean, the dp is a new release by a local company in SA called fab scraps, i gave the bottom of Lacies dress a good going over with stickles Tiara, and distressed all the edges of my paper.

Will be back later to share a few more thngs that i am busy with.
smiles
Paola

5 comments:

  1. Ever so pretty.... I love the distressed / old fashioned look.
    Hugs
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin Sunshine! This is SO GORGEOUS! I love everything. You really gave her a vintagey look and the coloring is perfect once again.

    Take a deep breath, count to ten, and remember something nice. I'll be thinking about you today and sending you happy thoughts to brighten up your day!

    Hugs - Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's an idea. Jump in that new car and drive through passport control for a play date! Waiting to hear from you my friend, its gonna be fun! Promise. You have been a busy girl, gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is simply gorgeous. Everything is perfect. Very nice card. I'm in love.......

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola