Followers

Translate my Page

About Me

My photo
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am mother to four and my wonderful dil Lisa recently blessed us with our first grandchild. I share my life with my indulgent husband, and my love of hobbies

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A moment in time

I havent scrapped for ages and thought it would be a great idea to just do something that i havent done in a while and just unwind, without any pressure to deliver, the challenge that i am entering is for anything goes challenge  I have had these photos of myself for ages, my son took them one afternoon after i had come home from the shop.  How mnay of us scrappers actually ever scrap ourselves?  not many i'm sure, i know that i am forever scrapping my kids when i feel the need to scrap, but i know that my kids will appreciate a bit of an insight to their mother one day, in the distant future.
I started with two cream cardstock and stamped them with stazon, and then inked over the stazon as this creates a resist, then i gave my two base pages a good ol spritz of glimmer mist, not sure the pictures capture it.  I stamped a few more clocks in chestnut roan colorbox, then layered a lot of flowers and gave them centres of clock works and cobs, and added a few hat pins.

i added phots anchors to my large focal photo and carried that through to my second page by adding the photo anchors to the torn centre dp.  I raised a few of my photos for a bit of dimension aswell and gave everything a good going over with distress ink to age it somewhat, like the subject in the photos, he he.

My title i cut out of fun foam with my cuttlebug
Smiles
Paola

8 comments:

  1. wow Paola, that so gorgeous layout.
    Love your foto's
    Very beautiful design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout ! You are a beautiful woman ! thanks for the inspiration I have lots of pages I should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a pretty layout. Since so far there are only two of us in the challenge I figured I could take the time to come see your design. Love the colors. Everything works so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pages and your son captured some great photo's of you.
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paola this is just stunning. I love to scrap nut like you never myself!!! The pictures are beautiful and look fabulous on the layouts and such a gorgeous colour.

    Thanks for joining us over ay Anything Goes Love Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Paola. Beautiful pics of a beautiful woman! Your kiddies will love this for sure. hugs to you my friend, Sharon xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. such fabulous pages! Just Love them! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super, and definitely creates the right atmosphere! My daughters had a book made up of my life, for mother's day in 2008! What a super present.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate the time it takes to leave a comment, totally makes it all worthwhile, thanks so much for making my day.
smiles
Paola